Saturday, April 26, 2014

"Here's to now." -108 Degrees South

So here I am... sitting on my bed, just having made the last payment to the water filter company. All debts are settled, all filters are installed, and all the schools now have the technology to keep their children healthy. It's been a long road, and it's one I never thought I would walk down in the first place. Thank you to everyone: First Baptist Church Somerset, FBC Richmond, Ward Correll, Maria and Haavard Kirste, Glenn Marshall Elementary and everyone who gave no matter how large or small the amount. I would also like to thank Madhu Sareen, my partner in this whole thing. I literally could not have done this without her and I know she will continue to be a good friend the rest of my life. 

It has been a blessing, a privilege, and a challenge to have undergone this whole thing. God pretty much threw me a curve ball at me back in November when I realized how big the project was going to become. However, the Clean Water Project is something I will remember and hold on to for the rest of my life. This is my final post on this blog. Thank you for keeping up with me and for encouraging me to do more. 

Over $14,000 went into this. 
Thousands of children now have a better chance at being healthy.
I am relieved.
I am thankful.
I am happy. 
I love you all.

Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment