Monday, March 24, 2014

"The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence." -Denis Waitley

Today I am pleased to announce that the Badgaon Government Senior Secondary School received and were trained on how to use the M100 chlorine generator made by Waterstep!!  I am super pleased with this, not only because everything worked out perfectly, but because I know this school both deserves it and will be responsible in maintaining it. The school itself is quite beautiful, sitting at the base of a hill and shaded by a canopy of pink and red flowers. The students were just as beautiful, happy, and eager to learn.

One of the best parts was that my girls from Ambamata (the government school I trained back in November) were able to come out for a short time and help me teach. That was truly one of the highlights of my week: seeing these 16 year old girls take on a teaching role that will benefit other students in their community. The training itself was easy and the students caught on quickly. After requiring them to carry out the whole process by themselves, I was satisfied that they could do it from here on out. I will be back on Friday to check on everything one last time and drink a glass of that water with them!

As for installing the Indian filters... Over the past two days we (Yes, I mean Madhu. My miracle worker) have negotiated with the companies and have found one cheaper than we originally thought! Each RO (reverse osmosis) filter and the purchase of a black storage tank will be around $600! Wahoooo! At this current moment, unless I get more donations this week, I will be installing these RO filters in 5 different schools! Super exciting! All of this will be done by Wednsday and I will write the individual story for each school. Some of these schools guys.... they have amazing stories. One school is for destitute children who live in the actual campus. Another is a special needs school (yes, I literally jumped up and down when I received that assignment) and even others are from low income families. I know a source of pure water will make a huge impact on these schools and the children and I cannot wait to go and meet them all individually. More updates to come! Love you all!

Again, if you wish to donate to this project from now until Wedn. please go to http://waterstep.org/donate/ and then say it is for me for the India project! Please and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment